3.08 Problem Solving with Multiplication
Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
After this lesson, the learner will be able to:
- multiply to solve word problems.
- decide when to multiply to solve word problems.
- equal: having the same amount or value
- product: the result when two or more numbers are multiplied
- unknown: the term in an equation that your are solving for
- array: the arrangement of items/objects in equal rows
- equal groups: groups that share the same amount or size
- "How can I use different strategies to solve word problems?"
Classwork (due 2/21/19 for full credit)
- p. 55 "Classroom Organization
- p. 56 "At the Beach"
Homework (due 2/28/19 for full credit)
- p. 58 "Refocus"
- p. 59 "Independent Practice"
- p. 60 "Math in the Real World: Class Party"
- p. 61 "Reflection"
If you were absent from class, you are responsible for copying the notes into your notebook, showing them to me at the Learning Center next week (Thursday, 2-28-19), and completing the above assignments. The assignments can be downloaded below.